When the wind is the East...

...it becomes much colder. For that reason I can easily understand why the 'fish bite the least'. We walked today in an attempt to blow some of those Christmas food and drink-induced cobwebs free. Blown away or not, they certianly will have gathered a nice layer of frost on them.

So we are in the bridge between Christmas and New Year - this is the time to think over what you've learned from the year gone by - an important time for reflection. It's funny how it becomes difficult to work out whether something happened this year or last; yet the year seems to have whizzed by. I will think on more and post my reflections soon.

In the meantime, I have been back at the vice. Whilst I love them winter, I have started already to have those thoughts of warmer, calmer weather and my interest (obsession) with simple emergers continues:

Ginger & Badger Emerger:

Hook: Partridge 15BN #14
Thread: Bennechi 12/0, yellow
Rib: Copper wire
Abdomen: Natural Awesome Possum
Thorax: Orange A/P & cream A/P
Hackle: ginger / golden badger rooster, mixed (paraloop)

Dark & Honey Dun Emerger:

Hook: Partridge 15BN #14
Thread: Bennechi 12/0, yellow
Rib: 1/69" pearl mylar (#16 UNI)
Abdomen & Thorax: Natural Awesome Possum
Hackle: Dark & honey dun rooster, mixed (paraloop)


I am playing around with some new ideas here which hopefully will develop further. I'll post more as I go.

Thanks for looking; please check by soon,
Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment