It's a matter of space.

I don't really care that the kitchen sink is bolted down, I have a socket wrench. "Will it fit" is the question.

When wandering vehicularly in the outdoors, I have been known to bring a lot of stuff. Some would say too much, but I don't care because I will most likely be way more comfortable then those light-packed pansies.

Here is where it gets tricky: While I may have a nice big roomy longbed truck, Aaron (who drives about half of our trips) has a jeep. I barely fit in that god damn jeep let alone my horde of stuff.

Now, I am a good packer, and all those years in study hall playing tetris couldn't have hurt. If there is a way, I can find it. But as I sit here looking at my pile of crap for our Black River trip, I'm starting to have doubts.

Cooler, sleeping bags, tarp, cot, cot pad, rod tubes, tent, vest, gea rbag, clothes bag, camp chair, lantern, waders, boots, fuel. This pile is my trip standard. The number of nights really only regulates the size of the cooler.

Missing from this photo is my camping bin (which I already know wont fit), it holds an extra pair of boots, a towel, propane stove, shovel, machete, plates, forks, knives, hotdog cooker, matches, etc. Thank christ I don't need to bring my float tube.

As I type this, Aaron is on his way over and I can already hear him sighing when he sees what I have in store for his cargo space.

What about you? Do you fill a Uhaul for the weekend, or will you turn your nose up to me as you walk by with your tevas and frame pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment