Maine Striper Fishing With Capt George Harris & Super Fly Charters: Kennebec Report June 16, 2011

Striper Fishing On the Kennebec Flats Producing Good Numbers Right Now!!!

This morning I had the Thayer family aboard...Lee, Eric & Matt from St. Louis...after some arm twisting I convinced them to meet me at the dock in Bath at 4:30 am...after pushing off from the dock, we made a beeline for some grass flats that had a good ripping outbound tide washing over it...arriving on the scene, I was all smiles as I watched a school of herring being ripped to shreds...I had two of my anglers pitching topwater plugs...the third a small soft plastic jig...

It took all of one cast before the stripers started exploding on the topwater plugs in shallow water...slaps, smashes and boils would erupt around the plugs on nearly every cast...this would continue for more than an hour before another group of anglers came ripping in on a flats boat and unfortunately all but shut down that bite...I know that I don't have some secret stealth technology surrounding my boat but One would think that if i can be stealthy enough in my 21 parker to sneak along in shallow water...that someone equipped with a lightweight poling skiff designed for shallow water flats fishing would be able to do so with ease or at least have enough sense not to run their engine in 2 feet of water??? The bad behavior has begun already and we're only halfway through June...no big deal though my anglers were quite content with our start...off we went to the next flat only to be greeted by the same type action...this pattern would be repeated till the tide went slack...as the tide just started to turn I decided to try one last spot...the edge of an expansive flat bordered by a steep drop off...right away fish started popping to the surface...a couple of triple hook ups later and my anglers decided that this would be a great way to end the trip...so I reluctantly returned them to the dock...

Mixed saltwater fishing reports are coming in from Portland & Greater Casco Bay, Saco Bay and the rest of the Maine coast...With stable summer weather on the horizon...it's safe to say that it's going to be a productive season

GOOD TIMES ARE AHEAD!!!


Maine's Premier Saltwater Fishing Guide Service
Super Fly Charters
Capt. George Harris
207-691-0745
www.superfly-charters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment