Favorite Dry Fly Rod

I received an email  today asking advise on a small stream dry fly rod the advise given was this .
The Sage Z-Axis 81/2 foot 4 weight  IMHO is the best dry fly rod out there ,this rod can handle a large array of flies (Big foam flies to small parachutes ) it is acurate at long and short distance and presents flies  well.
The rod (all the Rods ) I own is a 4 piece travel rod so it fits underneath my rower's seat in my drift boat




I used this rod on small streams where I have to fish  streamers , nymphs and Dry flies with it ..all with no problem ,and I frequently use it as a dry fly rod while fishing from a drift boat .Because of it's medium- fast action the rod has the "backbone " to handle the wind yet  for the novice it is still very forgiving That's my top pick !

No comments:

Post a Comment