Messing with Mearns


                                       Patagonia's new sign a covey of Mearns

The million dollar question is how is the hunting in Mearns Land ?  well it depends on how you define hunting .
The Bird numbers are down from previous years  but there are birds,dry conditions have also made scenting conditions a  little on the tough side.  If you are looking for a place to run dogs, shot a few birds, enjoy the scenery and the great outdoors then you may want to consider a trip to Mearns Land, if you more concerned with  how many birds you kill then you may want to consider somewhere else.

            

                                       1year old Santa "Cruz"on point

  I have a bunch of young dogs I am working with ,so I have set  my limit at 2 birds a day as long as I am content with the find and dog work, the covey also  has to   exceed 6 birds , after all this is a "trophy bird " right ? it seems some of the other local hunters are also on the same page . The other goal I have set is that I am not going back to the same spots, so this is the year for exploration .

                                               End of the day




                                        Zane ,Covey and Roxy in action

No comments:

Post a Comment