Badger Lake Fishing report (5.8.11)

Fished Badger Lake near Cheney Wa today (05/08/11). I like this lake the fishing is good for a tube or pontoon because you don't have to go far from the launch to get into some fish. Cutthroat King and besinger from the board were there also. CK got into some nice fish on chironomids he hooked one that strightened out his hook. Gonna have to go to 2x heavy on those CK. I got a few in the shallow weedy areas on a leech using a clear intermediate line. These were mostly rainbows

About 2pm the action picked up CK and Bsinger had to leave so I moved out in the middle of the lake fishing in 40' of water and started scoring on the cutts. They were up in the water column I was fishing a type 3 sink and they were hitting it on a fast strip maybe 4 or 5 ' deep. These were nice fish 12-15 ". Had pretty much non stop action for about an hour.

The water temp was still a chilly 46 degrees I figured that a couple of these Cutties would make a fine dinner. I fished till I caught two more and kept those. The go to fly in the afternoon was light olive cactus chenille, with a black squirrel strip leach style with a bunch of chartruese chrome rubber legs it has been money this spring in these lakes. It was a good day.


Btw I was right those cutthroat trout tasted awful good, fried them both up in a little butter had a mound of new red potato hash browns to go with. Mighty fine dinner. If you want to see this new leggy critter fly, stop by the shop and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment