The Missouri River -a good taste of Montana

Flying into Bozeman Montana
 My annual Missouri River trip was exactly what  I wanted , a good dose of Northern Rocky Mountain Springtime weather , big fish ,excellent company, awesome guides and  staked out territory namely the back seat of a Drift boat.Compared to other years ,things where  late , the trout where just starting to look up as the first significant hatches namely B.W.O.'s where  just starting to happen.The trout  where also   starting to move out of the deeper slower winter water  and into the more exciting riffles and buckets .We picked up fish on Dries ,Streamers ,Short Nymph rigs and Deep Nymph rigs.  Darcy Richardson and I stuck with  short Nymphing and throwing Streamers as we searched for risers .
Darcy "roped "them and I blew more fish that I care to admit including a huge Brown that ate  a streamer then kicked  my ass .
The Guides (Mike ,Ben ,Pete  and Mitch ) from  Headhunters Flyshop    where extremely hardworking and knowledgeable ,they put  all members of our party into fish and everyone enjoyed their company .
I am looking forward to fishing the "Mighty Mo" when I head north in June .In the meantime things are just getting better  on the Missouri , the water is warming  and the fish and insects more active. If you are looking for a good trout fix go spend sometime in Trout Town USA -Craig Montana and fish with the gang from Headhunters Fly Shop .You won't be disappointed.
Floating the Missouri River
Darcy and Mike (AKA Captain Carp) with a nice Brown
Mike Turnbull and Pete with a brown trout
Mike and I with a nice rainbow
Darcy with another brown

The Missouri River , a great Tailwater with a lot of nice Trout ,5000 per mile to be exact


Floating the Missouri




No comments:

Post a Comment