Jesse's Stillwater Marathon

The Spokane are is paradise if you like stillwater fishing. There are so many good lakes to fly fish that it is difficult to fish them all (even in a long season). There are also a lot of fly fisherman who don't fish lakes. I believe that they are missing out on some great fishing. Of course fishing moving water is a lot of fun. But during this time of year it is often impossible to find a river that is fishable. So lake fishing is often the only show in town.

I have decided that next week I will do a lake marathon. I am planning on fishing 12 lakes in 3 days. None of these lakes are more than 40 miles from the shop. Here is a list of the lakes tentatively on the schedule. In no particular order.

1) Amber
2) Badger
3) Williams
4) Clear
5) Medical
6) West Medical
7) Fish
8) Liberty
9) Newman
10) Fan
11) Eloika
12) Fishtrap
13) Silver
14) Sacheen
15) Sprague
16) Rock
17) Downs
18) Chapman

I have listed more than my goal of 12 because some of the lakes are tough to fish in windy conditions and are therefore weather dependent. I only listed lakes that are in Washington. However there are a handful of lakes in Idaho that fit the criteria as well.

I will be fishing for Rainbows, Browns, Brookies, Tigers, Largemouth Bass, Smallies, Crappie, Bluegill, Perch and perhaps Catfish. I may not be able to do this on consecutive days but plan to fish Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Anyone interested in joining me for some or all of this Marathon is welcome. Reports will be posted each night. Stay tuned.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment