Dixie on Point

Dixie Pointing Gambles Quail 



My dogs are giving me the neglected look , which they are  sorta .I have been pre -occupied with fly tying and getting ready to head north so the dog training is limited to walks into town.However it is hard to walk all 14 dogs so I stick with the young ones .Another factor is that with the 90 degree temps come Rattlesnakes  which at this time of year  tend to be a little more aggressive .However it is not all bad ,we get some yard work in at the group level and in the evenings when it cools off   they keep  active by chasing each other around the yard.Except for me no one (or dog) has gained any weight .
Yesterday Lisa and I where walking back to the house with our two Heelers ,our Golden and Dixie ,four Gambles Quail ran across the road then into a bush ,Dixie scored a couple of point on them .


Dixie  pointing  quail  that  are in the bush 

If you look to the left of the picnic table you can see a running  Quail 

No comments:

Post a Comment